Thursday 2 October 2008

A Daily WTF

Ah! The first blog post that was never followed up... how many of them must exist...? I do have some valid excuses - I've split with my 3 year long girlfriend (nearly typed "3 year old girlfriend" then, but caught myself), I've been trying to sort out the decimated state of my flat, the company I've been working for is going down the shit pan and my band has split up. Yes, I possibly should've blogged this as I went along, but it was necessarily foremost in my mind. I will be getting back on this, tho'. I guess there'll be less reviews as I've no longer the company of the person whom I watch so much sci-fi with, but there you go!

The Daily WTF is one of my favourite sites - it's much like, say, the stupid things people have said thread, but for dump arse computer code - a stupid things people have coded thread, if you like. I've had a nice work based WTF today, which I'd like to share.

Since I need some dental work done, I'm planning to sign up for my works dental heath care scheme. I phone the companies benefits people and I'm told that I'm not on the HR system... which is funny considering how much they are willing to pay someone who apparently doesn't work for them. So, I ask the girl if I could have HR's number and I was told that they wouldn't actually speak to me, and that I'd have to go through my manager. Turns out, they don't actually have a phone number - just an email address. For a department who's primary function is to deal with employees it seems slightly ridiculous that there is actually no facility or ability for those employees to speak to them - even managers aren't allow direct contact...!

Anyway - I'm sure to make another post later - keep on a roll! :)

No comments: